kpersonalizer

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Fri Oct 7 15:37:38 BST 2005

Nicolas Goutte wrote:

>Sure in list view mode, you cannot use correctly the lasso.
>
>But, as far as I know, the lasso was invented on systems with icon views.

Yet it works fine in Windows Explorer or OS/X Finder.

>So you can drag all needed icons in a free space and then lasso them together.
>Then you can do the drag&drop operation that you want.

Come on, this is hardly convenient. Generally in a large dir (like a
distribution repository), I use the listview mode, and select files with
ctrl/shift. The *good* thing is that single-clicking on a file clears
the current selection, which is consistent with general listview
behavior, rather than opening it. So when I have another selection to
make, I don't have to worry about previously selected files.

Anyway, this has already been debated to death, to enough of this.

--
Guillaume
http://telegraph-road.org