KDE4 related comments in 3.5 branch

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Oct 7 12:40:08 BST 2005

On Friday 07 October 2005 12:41, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Thursday 06 October 2005 22:37, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I am working with Adriaan on improving the apidox where I am working on
> > the 3.5 branch.
> >
> > Therefore I am currently inspecting the error log for the branch on EBN
> > and sometimes I find something like this:
> >
> > // for KDE4 merge this with the above method...
>
> Just a question: is it the right time to change headers in kdelibs?
>
> Do not forget we have already KDE 3.5 Beta 1 out and are heading to Beta 2.
> The freeze date of the 9th October is in just two days!
>
> Also I am sure that people would like to do better things than to have to
> recompile everything because a central header file in kdelibs was changed.

If there are concerns I won't commit until the release.

However, given the current progress, I would very likely only commit one to
three classes per week anyway, as I sometimes have to check the
implementation if I am not sure what it does or if the class has gained
better methods after the initial documentation was written.

For example, KURL recommends in its constructors to use an empty URL and
setPath when you want an URL based on a UNIX file path, while, given that I
understood this correctly, the use of fromPathOrURL() is better but said
method was introduced at 3.1 and not available at the time the constructor
docs where written.

Cheers,
Kevin

--