KDE4 related comments in 3.5 branch

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Fri Oct 7 11:41:06 BST 2005

On Thursday 06 October 2005 22:37, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am working with Adriaan on improving the apidox where I am working on the
> 3.5 branch.
>
> Therefore I am currently inspecting the error log for the branch on EBN and
> sometimes I find something like this:
>
> // for KDE4 merge this with the above method...

Just a question: is it the right time to change headers in kdelibs?

Do not forget we have already KDE 3.5 Beta 1 out and are heading to Beta 2.
The freeze date of the 9th October is in just two days!

Also I am sure that people would like to do better things than to have to
recompile everything because a central header file in kdelibs was changed.

> When adding a proper apidox comment to such a method I have more or less 3
>
> 1) Move said KDE4 comment above the apidox code block
> 2) Move it below the method signature
> 3) Remove it
>
> In either case I could also add a @deprecated information pointing to the
> other variant.

No, it is not deprecated for KDE 3.x, it is just for KDE 4.

If you want to document something, then perhaps make it a @note

@note Removed in KDE4

> Any preferences?

> Cheers,