D pointers

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Oct 3 15:41:01 BST 2005

On Monday 03 of October 2005 16:05, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Monday 03 October 2005 15:48, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> >  I'm aware of that problem too. It seems the BIC document at
> > developer.kde.org could use some updating, e.g. (not only) to say sth.
> > like "every class which should keep binary compatibility should have all
> > ctors non-inline and explicit non-inline dtor."
>
> The BIC document referred to by Lubos is
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/other/binarycompatibility.html .
>

> Certainly someone knowledgable about the subject could go over the document
> again.

 Actually I've been thinking of spending some evening updating that, it lacks
also some other tricks like the virtual_hook (if that one is actually going
to make it to KDE4), missing dtor can be substituted somehow by a
QObject-owned child etc. Somebody else planning touching it in the near
future, so that we don't step on each other's toes?

> Since the page isn't policy - and therefore merely informative -
> changes can be made.

 The policy however can be made to follow what the page says ;).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org