D pointers

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sun Oct 2 17:57:13 BST 2005

On Sunday 02 October 2005 09:35, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> That having said, I for sure don't want to see a script output somewhere
> somewhen checking. But I will review new kdelibs code for over-using of
> inline functions (as we did in the past with d pointers).

Ok, if the policy is "Avoid inline functions", than that's ok, because it
really makes sense because it makes the code more extensible.

But if the policy is "Move all private members to private classes" I would
object, because this thread shows that there are no clear benefits and it is
more a question of personal coding style.