Qt->glib main event loop patch (common main loop)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Nov 15 09:36:21 GMT 2005

On Monday 14 November 2005 21:09, David Johnson wrote:
> On Monday 14 November 2005 07:49 pm, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Monday 14 November 2005 19:50, David Johnson wrote:
> > > p.s. I've asked twice now, and I still haven't gotten an answer as
> > > to why a new event loop is needed.
> >
> > it is a step towards allowing components written using different
> > toolkits to cooexist in the same process.
>
> By "toolkits", I assume you mean GTK+.

hopefully by "toolkits" we can eventually mean "any toolkit that seriously
targets UNIX/Linux"

> For something of this scope,
> shouldn't there be some sort of standard rather than tightly coupling
> everything to Glib?

obviously. which is why if you read one of my other posts in this thread
you'll see i spent some time yesterday looking at what it would take to
excise the glib event loop from glib itself to end up with something more
appropriate from that angle. it's not the only approach, however, of course,
but it's hard to know what the options are without looking at what is out
there right now.

--
Aaron J. Seigo