KDE (vs GNOME)

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 19:15:28 GMT 2005

> Btw, has anybody actually thought of getting rid of the search dialog?

The best mail-search interface I have seen is GMail.  It has precisely
ONE text field into which you type a few words and press return to
perform a full-text search across all your mail.  This has the
advantages of being much quicker and easier to use than the
traditional 50-widget search box.

Apparently the newest KMail has experimental full-text indexing, so I
guess something like this would be possible in future.