Proposed new KDateTime class

Dominik Haumann dhdev at gmx.de
Thu Nov 10 21:41:42 GMT 2005

Hi David,

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 23:00, David Jarvie wrote:
> Comments please. (Note that I am going away and won't be able to respond
> for a few days.)

I didn't use the classes, so that's just ideas and questions that arised
while reading the API.

API inconsistencies:
 - Sometimes it says "timeZone", sometimes "timezone":
   KTimezone, setTimeZone, timeZone. Would be good to go only for one of
   them.
 - There is add{Secs, Days, Months, Years} but only secsTo and daysTo.
   I would actually expect there also is monthsTo and yearsTo.
 - There is dateTime(), but no setDateTime().

How well does it operate with QDateTime. Does something like
KDateTime d = QDateTime::currentDateTime() work (defaulting to local time)?

The API documentation looks pretty good. But what I'm missing (through whole
KDE mostly) are detailed descriptions in the Qt way. Attached is a changed
class description. I tried to mention all important methods and added
several sections. It isn't perfect (maybe even wrong in some points) as you
can guess ;) so you should improve it, but it's a start.

Also, cross references (@see) are missing.
/** [...]
 *@see daysTo()
/*
int secsTo(...) const;
This could/should be applied to several other methods.

Greetings,
--
Dominik