KDE (vs GNOME)

Dave Rowe dave at roweware.com
Thu Nov 10 19:55:15 GMT 2005

On Thu, November 10, 2005 1:48 pm, Martin Koller wrote:
> We should better use something like "rarely used options", which describes
> why
> those option have been put in a second level, and this has absolutely
> nothing
> to do with the skill of the user!
>
> And it reflects the reality: Some options are not needed for doing the
> main
> tasks, but are here to fine-tune some aspects of a program (maybe "fine
> tune"
> might also be another good word for such a sub-section in a dialog).

Why not 'Additional Options'?  It neither reflects on the user's knowledge
level, nor negatively groups the options in question...

In my opinion, using words like 'Fine Tune' (which doesn't necessarily
mean 'rarely used') seem like a waste of time.  Name the options what they
are...Additional Options.

My 2 cents,
Dave