Qt->glib main event loop patch (common main loop)

Michael Pyne michael.pyne at kdemail.net
Wed Nov 9 01:07:46 GMT 2005

On Sunday 06 November 2005 17:22, nf2 wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have rewritten my Qt->glib main event loop patch completely. It adds
> an optional "-glibmainloop" switch to the ./configure script of Qt,
> which integrates a modified QEventloop as a GSource into glib main loop.
>
> http://www.scheinwelt.at/~norbertf/common_main_loop/
>
> I have tested lots of KDE applications with the patched Qt, including
> the whole KDE desktop. Seems to work quite well.

I don't have time to test the patch, but the work seems very interesting, at
least from a technical perspective.

I'll admit that I don't see many (real-world) benefits yet, except perhaps for
sharing KIO between KDE and GTK but perhaps you'll dazzle us with something
whiz-tastic or something.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne