Proposed new KDateTime class

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Tue Nov 8 22:00:28 GMT 2005

Now that the time zone classes have been updated, there is a need to be able
to handle date/times which have an associated time zone. I attach a proposed
new kdecore class, KDateTime, which represents a date/time with an associated
time zone. The aim is to make time zone handling as automatic as possible
when manipulating dates and times. Its interface is very similar to
QDateTime, but it is not inherited from QDateTime mainly because QDateTime's
methods are not virtual.

The code compiles, but I until I finish the test program is untested. Note
that if the new class is committed, the time zone classes will need to be
amended to handle the new class.

Comments please. (Note that I am going away and won't be able to respond for a
few days.)

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author and maintainer.