KRecentFilesAction

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Nov 8 06:36:54 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 05:55, George Staikos wrote:
> I think this has to be reverted or implemented differently because it
> breaks existing apps.  Any comments?  Andras?

Unfortunately I had problems compiling kst due to some visibility
errors, but will try again and check what is broken. There was a time
when this functionality broke some applications, but I thought it was
fixed. The fix is "SVN commit 436207 by amantia", which as a wrong
commit log, but I posted an update to kde-commits:

Uh, eSvn fooled me. The correct log was something like this:
"Fix my last KRecentFileActions improvement. Now the KConfig entries are
like in KDE 3.4, the short names are stored in a different entry. This
should fix the roaming user problems as well. This change creates a
problem for those using kdelibs with my original change, but as it was
committed only 2 weeks ago, I thought that compatibility code for that
version is not needed. If others think differently, let me know.

Sorry for the problems I created."
<<<<

A problem might be if you have a kstrc (or whatever) file from the
broken period.

Andras