Configuration Library

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Nov 3 19:27:37 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 02 November 2005 10:44, Vinay Khaitan wrote:
> registerOption(QObject* instance, QString key, void* function)

Non-type-safe function pointers are really not appealing to me.

Anyhow the idea seems broken to me. No support for options that depend
on each other, so for every option callback being activated we'd set up
everything in a way, and then another callback is called and we set up things
differently; and relayout/update everything - where we could have done the
right thing in the first place.
If the amount of options remains, the complexity remains, the code just has
to be written "correctly" to handle those cases, unless the number of options
is reduced.