Moving 3.5 development into branches/KDE/3.5

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Mon May 30 22:39:33 BST 2005

On Monday 30 May 2005 23:30, Matt Rogers wrote:
> And I am telling you that other people _WILL_ port before August. As a
> matter of fact, if you read coolo's mail, he imples that porting will be
> started by Friday. In short, people will be diving in and they _will_ be
> screwing attempts at merging.

Then we should ask for Coolo's blessing to put an ACL on the module to avoid
that :)

Seriously, we've had a quite long discussion about all this, and the only way
to make PIM development productive is to not require us to fiddle with moving
targets (qt 4/kdelibs 4), bc issues, merging and all other related stuff.

Either that, or throwing in more manpower to do the 'real' work. Dealing with
merging is just wasting *very* precious time.

--
Martijn