Moving 3.5 development into branches/KDE/3.5

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Mon May 30 22:23:09 BST 2005

On Monday 30 May 2005 23:21, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > [1] By the people who attended the meeting last weekend at least, that
> > is. I hope nobody else will dive in and screw any attempt at merging by
> > trying to convert the codebase to KDE 4 before august.
>
> It will have to be ported, so yes, people will be touching it and
> converting it so that it'll run on KDE 4.

And as Cornelius posted on the kdepim list, it will be ported, you don't have
to be afraid that that doesn't happen. However, it will be ported in August,
and not now.

It shouldn't be all that difficult to run a KDE 3.4/3.5 KDEPIM in a KDE 4
environment. In fact, it's an awesome regression test suite, since there will
be other Qt 3/KDE 3 apps around for a long time after KDE 4, so interop with
the old version has to be ensured anyway.

--
Martijn