KConfigXT generated private members

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon May 30 19:25:17 BST 2005

On Monday 30 May 2005 12:10, Duncan Mac-Vicar P. wrote:
> I noticed kconfig_compiler generates private members without a d-pointer
> (Private class). If I would need to expose a generated .h file as public
> api (for plugins) (it already supports adding visibility settings) it will
> be kinda hard to maintain BC when new settings are added.

an option to not inline the accessors in the header file would also be needed
to protect against changes to the generated code from messing up source
compat.

versioning of <entry>s so you can keep track of when something was added would
also be nice. the rest could be up to the developer to ensure they don't
remove / rename items to create a BIC interface.

> Is there any reason is was done this way, or adding this feature would be
> an enhancement?

i'm in want of these same things for libkicker.

--
Aaron J. Seigo