Qt4addons module?

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at babylon2k.de
Fri May 27 21:09:13 BST 2005

On Friday 27 May 2005 16:43, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Friday 27 May 2005 11:13, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > and why they don't want to link against kdecore/kdeui and co? because there
> > is no way to have this working on windows atm (in a sane way), which is one
>
> Another point is that if you change from a Qt to a KDE application, you get
> everything: the KDE config system, the various daemons start, KCmdLineArgs,
> etc.
> We have a lot of classes which are just enhanced Qt classes with no direct
> relation to the KDE framework which could very well be used by Qt-only apps.
for kdecore/kdeui you have no need of the daemon and whatever, same for kconfig,
I guess whole kdecore/kdeui are general very usable for QT programs, kioslaves might be other
thing, as this stuff is not that wanted on for standalone apps as long as it needs external daemons, but
he, we are kde, not qt addons ;) people are free to take parts of kdelibs and use it, atm this is very limited,
with QT4 & KDE4 as said I guess real big parts are just out of the box very usable, why try to split this off?

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team
http://www.babylon2k.de, cullmann at kde.org