kdereview

Matthias Welwarsky matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de
Mon May 23 12:36:41 BST 2005

On Monday 23 May 2005 12:05, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> I will not dare to say that the document is exhaustive and up-to-date, but
> there is an introduction to KDE's modules in:
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/misc/overviewmodules.php

From what I understand, the text for the kdereview module is not correct. If
it's really meant to be a transitional state for an application to either go
into a legacy KDE module or extragear, the text should emphasize that
applications are going to be bounced back to playground if they fail the
review or promoted to extragear or KDE.

Only applications that have a real chance for promotion should be allowed into
kdereview, and the review process should be very strict. I think it's not a
good idea to waste the time of people doing the reviews. Same for translators
and documentation writers. Also, moving applications between modules is
probably not zero-cost with subversion.

Of course the requirements must not be harder than those of the targeted
module, so if we don't require applications in extragear to be fully
documented, it makes no sense to require this for kdereview. But it should be
clear that applications are not meant to be _developed_ in kdereview.
Bugfixed, yes, if the reviewer demands it.

regards,
	matthias

--
From the 'Handbook of Corporate Slang':

- to protect prior investment (phrase):
    describes the inability to revert a wrong decision made
    in the past, expresses willingness of throwing
    good money after bad. (q.v. Fiorina, C.)