kdereview

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sun May 22 11:57:10 BST 2005

Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
>I fail to see what purpose kdereview fullfills. If the application is
> under development it can be in either playground or extragear (finish
> but not KDE material yet). If an application wants to become part of a
> KDE module it should be proposed and accepted by the responsible
> mailing-list and maintainer. At that it point it _is_ already reviewed,
> and can become part of the module. If added to the development branch,
> none of the other applications has to be in release state so why should
> the new one?

When the maintainer feels the app has reached release quality, he'll ask
the maintainer list for inclusion --- either into KDE or extragear. At
that time, the developers will have to review the app to make sure it is
working and is release-quality. That's what kdereview is for.

You're going to say: so, why can't they simply check the app out from
playground?

Well, they can, but there are some people who are not in the maintainer
lists that could help in testing. It's easier if we could just look into
kdereview and say, "hey, new app here. Let's see if it even compiles..."

That's my opinion.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:

2. Tó cennan his weorc gearu, ymbe se circolwyrde, wearð se cægbord and se
leohtspeccabord, and þa mýs cómon lator. On þone dæg, he hine reste.