[Kde-pim] kde_widgetdir

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun May 22 09:24:11 BST 2005

On Sunday 22 May 2005 00:53, Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
> It looks like kde_widgetdir ignores the prefix set to configure.
>
> Where do the kde_.*dir variables get defined?
>
> Here's the damning snippet from config.log:
[snip]
> kde_moduledir="\${libdir}/kde3"
> kde_styledir="\${libdir}/kde3/plugins/styles"
> kde_widgetdir="/usr/lib/kde3/plugins/designer"

In admin/acinclude.m4.in I found the following line:
AC_FIND_FILE("kde3/plugins/designer/kdewidgets.la", $kde_libdirs,
kde_widgetdir)

So I guess kde_widgetdir is always set to the directory containing the
kdewidgets.la file. You could try whether making a symlink from
$PREFIX/plugins/designer/kdewidgets.la
to /usr/lib/kde3/plugins/designer/kdewidgets.la makes it work.

Of course, the best solution would be to support multiple widget dirs.
But this is only possible if uic supports multiple search path for the
widgets.

Regards,
Ingo