KDE 4 namespaces

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Mon May 9 17:14:11 BST 2005

Am Montag, 9. Mai 2005 17:24 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> Leo Savernik wrote:
> >This whole discussion has kicked off a "namespace hype". I concur with
> > the pragmatists' view on the matter and support following Qt's approach
> > on core libraries, and Qt's approach or very flat namespaces (depth
> > one) on the rest.
>
> Do you mean "KDE" or "KDECore", "KDEUI", etc. when you say depth 1?

I mean at most this: <namespace>::<class>, and not this:

> If the latter, I see no difference from KDE::Core or KDE::UI, with the
> disadvantage that you can't add "using namespace KDE" and use Core::URL.

Just like the Q-classes stay Q-classes, the K-classes should also stay
K-classes. Otherwise, we already use namespaces to a certain extent, like
namespace DOM, or namespace KIO. Especially for DOM it makes sense as the
classes and functions are imported from an outside standards body.

mfg
	Leo