How not to install a kde_module_LTLIBRARIES target

Jeroen Wijnhout Jeroen.Wijnhout at kdemail.net
Fri May 6 19:07:43 BST 2005

On Friday 06 May 2005 02:44 am, David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 05 May 2005 16:09, Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:
> > Sorry, too quick. It appears that it does _not_ work, the
> > check_LTLIBRARIES are not recognized as kde_modules and not loaded by
> > KLibLoader.
>
> Indeed, check_LTLIBRARIES creates static libs by default - damn.
> However I compared the libtool lines between check_ and lib_, and the only
> difference is "-rpath $KDEDIR/lib". So I added that to the LDFLAGS, and

$(KDE_RPATH) is already there, so it is just a matter of replacing check_ with
lib_.

> magically everything works. Looks hackish, but well... libtool isn't going
> to change tomorrow.

But lib_LTLIBRARIES targets are installed (ok the libloader won't find them by
default probably, but still they are installed).

best,
Jeroen
--
Kile - an Integrated LaTeX Environment for KDE
http://kile.sourceforge.net