svn problems: lack of entropy

mETz mETz81 at web.de
Thu May 5 22:18:23 BST 2005

On Donnerstag Mai 5 2005 21:42, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Florian Schanda wrote:
> >However, svn still gets some things over https,
> >even if I tell it to use svn://
> >Is there a way to fix that, or is that a feature not a bug?
>
> Due to our internal repository design, that's how it must be. Each KDE
> build module must have admin/, which is kept in a centralised place.
> Therefore, it's necessary to make each dir download a copy.
>
> The problem is that we can't change the URL when the copy is done from the
> master server to anonsvn. So everyone will fetch from the master server,
> via https (including, if I get this right, anonsvn and ssh users).

I don't get it why you guys want to waste so much space. First svn is taking
more than twice the space on my hdd a cvs checkout did and now I get
admin-duplicates all over.
Why not simply remove admin from all modules except kde-common and make
Makefile.cvs link ../kde-common/admin to ./admin?

Bye, Stefan aka mETz