How not to install a kde_module_LTLIBRARIES target

Jeroen Wijnhout Jeroen.Wijnhout at kdemail.net
Thu May 5 15:09:40 BST 2005

On Thursday 05 May 2005 03:58 pm, Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:
> On Thursday 05 May 2005 02:47 pm, David Faure wrote:
> > On Thursday 05 May 2005 14:46, Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > How can one create a kde_module that is not installed. A
> > > kde_module_LTLIBRARIES in Makefile.am implies that it will be installed
> > > in $KDEDIR/libs/kde3.
> > >
> > > Usually, one uses noinst_LTLIBRARIES for convience libs that shouldn't
> > > be installed. However, I really want to create a kde_module that should
> > > not be installed (for KUnitTest).
> >
> > Try check_LTLIBRARIES
>
> Thanks that works. I don't understand why noinst_ doesn't and check_ does
> work, but I just tried it and it works.

Sorry, too quick. It appears that it does _not_ work, the check_LTLIBRARIES
are not recognized as kde_modules and not loaded by KLibLoader. For a moment
I thought it worked, but that was because KLibLoader loaded a previously
installed (sigh) module.

Is there another way to prevent the install? Perhaps we should add a new
target type kunittest_module_ (just like kde_module except that the target is
not installed). Would that be possible?

The code is in svn now, so you can see for yourself.

best,
Jeroen
--
Kile - an Integrated LaTeX Environment for KDE
http://kile.sourceforge.net