SVN: change defaults for line endings

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Wed May 4 20:26:58 BST 2005

On Wednesday 04 May 2005 21:10, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> > The eol-style does not matter on C/C++ files, since all compilers support
> > both eol-styles.
>
> Except for mixed line endings: usually, line continuation '\' character
> couldn't be followed by CRLF on UNIX:
>
> #define FOO(x) \CRLF <- err
>    BAR
>
> So: one LF style for all!
I just wonder why you get that idea now. We had a test repository online
since I don't know - 2 months? Changing this now would mean to touch
every f*** file in the repository ;(

But there is another reason why I'm afraid I have to do another admin
round with the subversion repository: the conversion missed quite some
files in branches and tags that saw no change from /trunk. Fixing that
the clean way would mean to run the svn repository through a script
that fixes them. That script could patch the eol-style then to LF where it's
native.

Greetings, Stephan

Hasiti Lapé Hetep Malu Mир Wolakota Santiphap Irini Peoch
Shanti Vrede Baris Rój Mír Taika Rongo Sulh Py'guapy 평화