Fwd: Binary files in subversion at svn.kde.org

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Thu Mar 31 09:50:03 BST 2005

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 10:05:52AM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> But this problem goes away when one uses the original version and
> avoids ossi's speedup - so hopefully Oswald can fix that ;)

whoops. i thought i fixed the various problems related to this ...
i tested it only on the kdm repo - a checkout of a freshly converted
repo was bit-identical to the cvs checkout (except for CVS/ and .svn/, of
course).
i'll investigate when i'm done with the copy stuff. i have to look at
one other strange effect anyway.

> which indicates that the subversion repos thinks this is a text file.

fwiw, for rcs (and consequently cvs) _everything_ is a text file - the
diffs are always saved as line edits. the expansion only says how the
files should be transformed _after checkout_.
my voodoo _shouldn't_ have affected svn's idea about what are binary
files, so i'd suspect the files in the repo are already messed up. mind
looking at a dumpfile, coolo?