SVN timing

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at babylon2k.de
Wed Mar 23 22:08:34 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 23:00, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> So, we really do want to switch, don't we ?
I guess: YES ;)

What does we get:
  - O(1) branching (== svn copy)
  - binary diffing
  - networkless revert/diffing
  - real move/copy without serverside hacks
  - more stuff :)

that the switch takes some time for each developer is clear, but to check out
the parts you need to use shouldn't be a that big issue. (me sitting behind
slow dialin line, will need some hours alone for checkout of the main stuff)
to compile everything is bad, but, you need to do so netherless more than once
in the near future, if we enter soon again the great "we do BIC changes on
friday or whenever" period for kde 4.0 :)

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team
http://www.babylon2k.de, cullmann at kde.org