SVN timing

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Mar 23 11:42:58 GMT 2005

Stephan Kulow wrote:
>Now that we have the new hard discs, nothing stops
>us from converting to subversion - beside ourselves.

>I start with suggesting March 31st. Then we can make the
>"Largest CVS project ever converts to SVN" at the best day
>for announcments: April 1st ;)

I agree with the date.

That leaves me this (3-day) weekend to finish the HOWTO/FAQ/whatever-it-is
that I started writing.

Have we settled on a structure?

Last time, we were discussing:

1) /trunk/kdelibs vs /trunk/KDE/kdelibs

2) /work/work-branch vs /branches/work/work-branch
vs /branches/appname/work-branch

3) admin with svn:external vs admin with symlinks

4) anything else I forgot

Also, is compression enabled in the HTTP webserver?

BTW, I will commit my Subversion ports of the kdesdk/scripts scripts to
CVS, so that people can get on with testing them. Some of the scripts
have not been very well tested (svn2dist especially).

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:

3. Ac seo woruld wearð geborod, swá se Scieppend cweað "Gewurde Unix" and
wundor fremede and him "Unix" genemned, þæt is se rihtendgesamnung.