Need help with serious kssl problem

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sat Mar 19 15:01:38 GMT 2005

On Saturday 19 March 2005 05:47, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Saturday, 19. March 2005 11:42, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > During testing of KDE 3.4 on FreeBSD 4.11, I found that TLS connections
> > in kmail don't work anymore. I've poked around the code a bit, added a
> > few kdDebug messages and tracked it down to kssl, but I'm pretty stumped
> > now.
>
> Forgot to add the interesting part: On FreeBSD 5, everything works just
> fine - on the same machine, connecting to the same IMAP server with the
> same account. Even the openssl version KDE links to is equal, 0.9.7d. The
> biggest difference is gcc 2.95 vs gcc 3.4.2 ...

  Which gcc version on which OS?  I'm guessing 3.4.2 on FreeBSD 5 which works,
and 2.95 on FreeBSD 4 which doesn't work?

   Is the random device working?  This code hasn't changed in ages and I'm
guessing it's either a system level problem, and improper installation, or a
miscompilation.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/