Floating toolbars positioning

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Mar 17 20:41:39 GMT 2005

On Thursday 17 March 2005 21:35, Sébastien Laoût wrote:

> Of course near to nobody will miss it, but I could see a few uses of it:
> On Krita and applications than have big toolbars it could be useful to
> people having two or more screens to make a GIMP-like interface: the
> draw on a screen and the toolbars on other(s).

I'm going to use a QDockWindow for the tools anyway in Krita. Not that
QDockWindows don't have big problems, but Trolltech assures me that the root
cause is X11. I want to have (optionally) floating windows that don't take
focus when clicked on for palettes; and that appears to be impossible to
achieve.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi