KDE3.4RC1: Incompatibility

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Mon Mar 14 22:52:21 GMT 2005

On Monday 14 March 2005 21:52, Richard Moore wrote:
> That's a great reason not to use C libraries.

Great.  I'll go get a martini while you and Bero start ripping out all of our
libc dependencies.  ;-)

And if we're really being honest, that's a great reason for not using C++ too,
but instead using a language that doesn't allow unchecked access, but we
haven't started rewriting KDE in one of those languages for pragmatic
reasons.

At any rate -- we're drifting way off topic at this point, and into stuff
that's been covered 1000 times.  I'll admit, the reimplement glib in Qt was
an amusing twist.

-Scott

those who don't.