KDE 3.5 release plan.

Clarence Dang dang at kde.org
Wed Jun 29 03:09:21 BST 2005

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:50 am, Stephan Binner wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 June 2005 09:56, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > Can the 3.5 release-plan actually be decided as soon as possible ?
> > Personally, I imagine the feature freeze in middle July, and the release
> > in
>
> kdepim has decided to have the feature freeze on August 1st and to start
> por- ting kdepim to Qt 4 at aKademy. I like the idea to be feature frozen
> before aKademy, otherwise we will have nothing stable to release for months
> after.
>
>   August 1   Features freeze for everything not in planned feature list
>   August 22  Complete feature freeze

This 3.5 freeze is fine with me :)  Although I was under the impression that
it would freeze when development fizzled out rather than have a massive gap
between 3.5 and 4.0.

>   August 26  Big Qt 4 porting party begins
>
> That should allow a release at the end of the year before christmas
> vacation (and maybe to have a KDE 4.0 release at/before KDE's 10th birthday
> :-).

I don't understand - are you planning to have KDE 4 released before the end of
this year too?  I thought we were aiming for at least a year for new
features, not just Qt 4 porting so I was expecting >= June 2006 release.