[RFC] One ioslave to rule them all...

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Jun 28 16:37:57 BST 2005

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 17:22, Kévin Ottens wrote:
> Le Mardi 28 Juin 2005 17:14, Aaron J. Seigo a écrit :
> > but it needs to be kept sane otherwise the hierarchy becomes inneficient.
> > i'm very hestitant to put applications, printing and settings there for
> > this reason.
>
> Me too. On the other hand settings:/ is already there for ages. It was
> there before I take over system:/. I'm really pondering removing it, it's
> really better to use kcontrol anyway.
>
> As for applications, I don't know... it could make sense, but the hierarchy
> is maybe too complicated.

I have here in system:/
-Remote places
-Storage media
-Trash  (all locations until here)
-Settings (no location, but actions).

IMHO either remove Settings or add Applications. IMO having apps there would
be cool. Having system:/ as home url would provide a simple starting point.
Easy to manage files, to manage medias, and to start applications. What more
does the user need ?

Bye
Alex