Where to move DragonEgg

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Jun 27 15:04:54 BST 2005

On Monday 27 June 2005 15:56, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 10:36:47AM +0200, David Faure wrote:
> > On Sunday 26 June 2005 20:30, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> > But if Qt provides everything that's needed, then kdeaddons is fine, assuming a configure check
> > disables the plugin from compilation with qnsplugins isn't available (doesn't qnsplugin
> > need downloading some Netscape SDK first?)
> I've currently 'forked' qnsplugin, since I guess trolltech don't like to
> have a KApplication object in their source code ;)
>
> Concerning the Netscape SDK. I didn't find an obviously reason for not
> shipping the needed files from the SDK with the plugin. There is no
> license statement on the website or inside the SDK package

There is a license statement inside the header files, but indeed it says:
 * Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software
 * and its documentation for NON-COMMERCIAL purposes and without
 * fee is hereby granted provided that this copyright notice
 * appears in all copies.

The NON-COMMERCIAL explains why Trolltech can't ship it with Qt in general,
but shipping it with KDE sounds fine indeed (although this paragraph doesn't
constitute legal advice from me, blah blah...)