Where to move DragonEgg

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Jun 27 09:36:47 BST 2005

On Sunday 26 June 2005 20:30, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 26. Juni 2005 20:19 schrieb Tobias Koenig:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to put DragonEgg, the Netscape-Plugin which is able to show
> > KParts inside Mozilla/FireFox, to KDE repository since some people asked
> > for the sources.
> >
> > Is there any preferred location? kdeaddons?
>
> What about extragear? I don't think it should be tied to the KDE release
> schedule (it's probably more important to release updates on new mozilla
> releases).

Well nobody has said the most important part of this: what are the compile-time
dependencies for this plugin?
If some mozilla source code is needed, or the thing is tied to a changing mozilla protocol,
then extragear is the only solution, due to the relation to mozilla releases.
But if Qt provides everything that's needed, then kdeaddons is fine, assuming a configure check
disables the plugin from compilation with qnsplugins isn't available (doesn't qnsplugin
need downloading some Netscape SDK first?)