CTRL+Y as shortcut for redo

Nathan Olberding nathan.olberding at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 18:39:28 BST 2005

I definitely don't think anyone's suggesting we get rid of
ctrl+shift+z. The beautiful thing about this is that KDE lets you make
two different combos for the same operation. So no, the current way of
doing things in KDE certainly isn't on the cutting board.

The only issue, I think is which is more beneficial: Windows / OO.o
users' comfort or having one more keyboard shortcut available to
applications?

There certainly is a small shortage of available key combos. OTOH,
more obscure keyboard shortcuts (such as ctrl+y) are expendible, IMO.
Is Windows / OO.o user comfort a big enough reason to expend ctrl+y? I
think that's the only question. I'm indifferent. I think it should at
least be that way for the Microsoft Windows scheme, but outside of
that...

--
-NKO-