[RFC] One ioslave to rule them all...

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Jun 26 20:27:58 BST 2005

On Sunday 26 June 2005 19:59, David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 26 June 2005 19:53, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > Apart from that I'm wondering whether those special URLs will be
> > i18n'ed. If not then what good are those special URLs for people who
> > don't speak English?
>
> You can't translate urls (well it wouldn't make much sense).
> But the point here is that when browsing system:/ in the first place, you
> can click on the "Home" icon (which *is* translated) and back up to where
> you started from.
> Maybe starting from home:/ is where the problem is ;)

I think so too.
IMHO system:/ would be the perfect starting point. Then you can start konqy to
do everything: start apps, manage files, change settings, etc.
And then people we be able to go back from home to system:/ using the back
button.
I still don't really understand the home ioslave. Is all it does that going
"up" from home goes to system:/ ?

Would it make sense to add a bookmarks folder in the remote:/ ioslave where
all konqy bookmarks appear ?

Bye
Alex