KDE 3.5 release plan.

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Sun Jun 26 18:49:13 BST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 22. Juni 2005 11:51 schrieb Nicolas Goutte:
> Currently there is still developement done for KDE 3.5, so personally I do
> not think that it is need to shorten that development. KDE 3.5 can as well
> be released when the developement for KDE 3.5 will decrease on its own.

If KDE4 will indeed take so long and there's no KDE 3.6 planned, meaning that
KDE 3.5 will still take several months, then the release schedule pages
should still be updated to reflect what has been done already and what
hasn't. There are also a lot of items which can be taken off the list. I'd
suggest removing all those which have been there for 3+ major releases
without any work being done (and they can be readded if anyone wants to work
on it).

Right now many developers are confused about the situation. Having a schedule
is intended to solve exactly this problem. If the alpha/beta dates are
shifted a month or two, this is still less problematic than what is the case
now without any schedule at all.
If some modules work on KDE4 now and some work on KDE 3.5 (at least 3 of them
do), this should also be documented. Refusing to put up such information
because there might be a delay in the future leads to nowhere.

Josef