CTRL+Y as shortcut for redo

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Fri Jun 24 22:26:27 BST 2005

Le Vendredi 24 Juin 2005 20:47, Christian Loose a écrit :
> I'm not sure I understand you. Let me explain what I'm talking about:
>
> Under Control Center -> Regional & Accessibility -> Keyboard Shortcuts, we
> have several different shortcut schemes. Amongst others the Windows scheme.
>
> AFAIK this scheme should provide the user with keyboard shortcuts that
> match the ones under windows, but the redo action shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+Z
> instead of the windows standard shortcut Ctrl+Y.

Well, in any case, that mean we may not anymore use Ctrl+Y as shortcut in
applications by default.

That's how Microsoft even stole us some keyboard shortcut.

Is that a completely stupid idea to try to share a list of default shortcut as
a freedesktop.org recommendation. (or this already exist?)
anyway, i'm out of this.

(and in my opinion, yes, that patch should probably be committed, because it
is logical in the win32 shortcut theme, even if it is a bad thing)