What is a KDE app (was Re: Image viewer for KDE4 (Re: KView for KDE4?))

Heiko Evermann Heiko.Evermann at gmx.de
Thu Jun 23 19:29:47 BST 2005

Hi Nicolas,

Some bad news:

The word with umlaut is handed over to kspell correctly.
When I get the misspelled-info back, the original word is cut directly
before the umlaut. Therefore it is not found.
When I try the same text in the spell checker dialog (instead of just with
the spell highlight), I get the message
"There seems to be an  error with the synchronization  of the spell checking
process and KBabel."

My guess is that the error happens in the dump command line call of aspell
that KSpell is using.

Has anyone so far considered porting KBabel to KSpell2? KSpell2 uses the
spell checkers via a library. That seems to be a better approach.

What do You think about that?

Kind regards,

Heiko