Camera RAW thumbnail generator

Steffen Hansen hansen at kde.org
Tue Jun 21 00:56:09 BST 2005

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 00:08, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> On Monday 20 June 2005 23:48, Steffen Hansen wrote:
> > I have not looked into decoding any of the real RAW image data
> > (besides a few experiments). Did you look at some of the gimp
> > plugins for this?
>
> digikam has such a plugin (including a thumbnail viewer, actually).

Last time I looked at the digikam raw plugin it was just a frontend to
dcraw and actually running the dcraw binary to do the conversion. This
doesn't allow interactive adjustments of the conversion parameters.

Have a look at http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/ -- it's not perfect either,
but I think it's a small step in the right direction.

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se