KDE and QT/Embedded problem

Holger Schröder holger-kde at holgis.net
Mon Jun 20 08:27:43 BST 2005

Hi,

On Saturday 18 June 2005 12:40, Alain-Serge Nagni wrote:
> Hello,
>  I'm trying to build kdelibs-3.2.3 by linking it to
> qt-embedded-free-3.3.4.
>  I build and used successfully qt-embedded-free-3.3.4.
> However when I try to build kdelibs I will have
> errors. Here is my configuration option:
>
> ./configure --enable-embedded --without-arts
>

> Here is the first error that I have:
>
> kstyle.cpp: In member function `virtual bool
> <unnamed>::TransparencyHandler::eventFilter(QObject*,
> QEvent*)':
> kstyle.cpp:2003: error: `qt_xrootwin' undeclared
> (first use this function)
> kstyle.cpp:2003: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
> reported only once for each function it appears in.)
>

> It looks like all X feature are not disable or do I
> miss something?

the problem is that the "embedded port" is not maintained since some time. so
developers added some functions, that need x, but they don´t guard them with

#ifdef Q_WS_X11
// x-dependant stuff here
#else if defined Q_WS_WIN
// do windows stuff
#else if ...
#endif

so the problem you found could be considered a bug in the kde souces.
if you want to help on this, look for other places in the sources, where these
functions are guarded correctly...