Build system for KDE4

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Mon Jun 13 09:34:37 BST 2005

Martijn Klingens wrote:

> That discussion focussed mainly on Scons vs cmake though, not on QMake.

If I recall correctly, qmake was also mentionned, and discarded pretty
quickly.

> For those who have little experience with Scons and QMake, could you
> explain the major differences between those two and the advantages of
> either platform (if any)?

This has already been covered in this very thread, so I won't rehash the
  various arguments. The bottom line is that qmake is not a viable
choice for KDE, because it's way too hard to extend.

--
Guillaume
http://telegraph-road.org