SUBMISSION: New Library for kdesupport: indexlib

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Sat Jun 11 12:58:25 BST 2005

On Saturday, 11. June 2005 09:08, Richard Dale wrote:
> > But you'll notice that the default settings for kdesvn-build splits up
> > the kdebindings build to pretty much just build kjsembed and korundum.
>
> Yes, so no excuse for saying one bit can't be compiled and just giving up
> on the whole module.

Well, we (the freebsd people) used to (before our build-cluster committed
suicide) tinderbox pretty much all of the active kde modules with everything
enabled that could be enabled in order to catch portability issues early-on.

We quickly discovered that tinderboxing kdebindings would create about the
same work for us as the complete rest of KDE, not to mention it would require
us to build an incredible amount of dependencies to just get there, so we
didn't bother (most of the KDE language bindings aren't very popular anyway,
at least in FreeBSD).

That said, we might give it another go someday, when we have something to
tinderbox stuff on again.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org