SUBMISSION: New Library for kdesupport: indexlib

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 11 08:08:16 BST 2005

On Saturday 11 June 2005 08:37, Michael Pyne wrote:
> On Saturday 11 June 2005 01:20, Richard Dale wrote:
> > On Friday 10 June 2005 21:39, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > > kdebindings as a whole is in a more or less permanent state of
> > > uncompilability anyway, we don't package it, so no data available. :-)
> >
> > What problems do you have - do you send in bug reports?
>
> Well I have never been able to get python to compile.  I keep meaning to
> send in a bug report, then I remember that it's python and then I suddenly
> don't care anymore. ;)
Yes please report python problems, and Simon Edwards will step in to sort out
them out. Have you tried the ruby support in Eric3 yet? It's really very
good, but doesn't work with the current python bindings in KDE as it needs
support for ruby text highlighting in the QScintilla text editing widget.
Having the python bindings in good shape is useful for rubyists too - I'm
keen to get that issue fixed to the KDE 3.5 release.

> But you'll notice that the default settings for kdesvn-build splits up the
> kdebindings build to pretty much just build kjsembed and korundum.
Yes, so no excuse for saying one bit can't be compiled and just giving up on
the whole module.

-- Richard