Place for XRaiseWindow, etc.

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Fri Jun 10 07:20:38 BST 2005

On Thursday 09 June 2005 23:59, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> I am decreasing number of ifdefs, but advice please, where's the best place
> for functions like XRaiseWindow() that can be wrapped on other platforms
> like win32 or embedded? Or should we create a special file in kdecore/?
>
> BTW, which one can be better: KWin::raiseWindow() or KDE::raiseWindow()?

I'd say use QWidget::raise() whenever possible, it calls XRaiseWindow on x11.
For example the XRaiseWindow call in khtmlview with widget->winId() should be
easy to replace with just widget->raise(). I see more occurrences in
kdesktop, ksplash and kwin, but those are right inbetween heavily X dependent
code anyway.

Simon