SUBMISSION: New Library for kdesupport: indexlib

Luís Pedro Coelho luis at luispedro.org
Tue Jun 7 12:33:45 BST 2005

Hi,

I have been working on a kmail patch (details:
http://luispedro.org/software/index) which adds support for full text
indexing. I have an indexing library separate from the kmail patch, but kmail
is the only app using it (although it might be possible for other apps to use
it, of course). Therefore, and following Ingo's request, I think kdesupport
might be a good place to keep this library.

It introduces a dependency on boost (http://www.boost.org), though the
dependency is only half as damaging as it seems since if it doesn't find
boost, it doesn't build but taglib, for example, continues to get built. The
dependency is a compile-time header-only dependency.

I attach the directory I would like to add to kdesupport.

I have kept these files in svn control for some time. Is there a way to keep
the history (even if the dates are all messed up, the log might be worth
keeping)?

bye,
--
luispedro