X-KDE-IsAlso=text/plain

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Tue Jul 26 20:11:00 BST 2005

On Monday 25 July 2005 20:48, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I would like to add
>
> X-KDE-IsAlso=text/plain
>
> to all mimetypes having the
>
> [Property::X-KDE-text]
> Type=bool
> Value=true
>
> property defined. As I understood this is the new way of telling that a
> files with a mimetype are also plain text files.

Sorry I do not like it.

The mime type text/plain is about human-readable text, which things
like application/xhtml+xml or text/html or even source mime types are
certainly not.

RFC 2046:

<quote>The subtype "plain" in
          particular indicates plain text containing no
          formatting commands or directives of any sort. Plain
          text is intended to be displayed "as-is".</quote>

> I have a question though: is it possible to have more than more
> mimetypes in X-KDE-IsAlso? For example x-xslt.desktop already has
> X-KDE-IsAlso=text/xml.
>
> Andras

Have a nice day!