Limitations on kdewidget candidates?

Shaheed srhaque at iee.org
Sat Jul 23 19:12:36 BST 2005

Hi all,

I'm wondering why the KTimezoneWidget I added to kdewidgets does not work. It
shows up in Qt Designer as one might wish, but whenever I try to add an
instance to a dialog, designer aborts saying:

/usr/lib/qt3/bin/designer-real: symbol lookup
error: /home/srhaque/kde/lib/kde3/plugins/designer/kdewidgets.so: undefined
symbol: _ZN15KTimezoneWidgetC1EP7QWidgetPKcP10KTimezones

Of course, looking up the mangled name gives the constructor of the widget,
but its visibility in libkdeui.so seems the same as any other widget from the
KDE set. So why the error?

I am wondering if the real reason for the error is that KTimezoneWidget
constructor takes a KTimezone argument, and *that* is not defined except in
libkdecore.so: AFAIK, Qt designer knows nothing of that library.

Assuming this reasoning is right, is there a way to workaround this, or do I
have to remove KTimezoneWidget from kdewidgets?

Thanks, Shaheed