[semi OT] FreeBSD: undefined reference to 'environ' in libkio.so

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Thu Jul 7 22:35:10 BST 2005

On Thursday 07 July 2005 23.21, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when linking libkio I get a undefined reference to 'environ' in
> kurlcompletion.cpp. This is on FreeBSD 5.4.
> I compile with -Wl,--no-undefined.
> Where should 'environ' come from ? Or is it ok, that it is undefined in a
> shared library (libkio) ?

Not certain, but it could be the --disable-as-needed

Here's my configure line, for what it's worth:
--disable-closure --with-extra-libs=/usr/local/lib
--with-extra-includes=/usr/local/include --disable-as-needed

And you should have $PTHREAD_LIBS set to -pthread

If you have any more trouble, drop into #kde-freebsd on freenode, or mail the
kde-freebsd mailing list (kde at freebsd.org), but IRC is quicker :)

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts